Sunday, April 29, 2012

TSA: Making us safe from 4 year old little girls.




Article: Weeping four-year-old girl accused of carrying a gun


The TSA has managed to misplace its common sense again.   The above article is about a little girl and her family who were terrorized in the name of safety.

I fly a lot.  I have had pat-downs.  I've had my hands and luggage swabbed to check for explosives residue.  I've had my bags pulled and and hand inspected.  I've been ID checked at the gate.  I've had my unopened water bottles (that I bought in a store across from the gate) vapor sampled for combustibles.

I'm not complaining about random searching.  I do believe we need to relax some of the bans.  I'd love to be able to carry my pocket knife again when flying.  I think we need to add some profiling protocols like the Israelis do.

But most importantly, I believe we need a better grade of TSA agent.  The department needs to pay more money to attract better employees,  These employees should be better trained is how to effectively do their jobs without violating the dignity or the personal rights of innocent travelers

I would love to see a third party study of TSA protocols and security regulations to determine what works and what policies are just "feel-good" measures that do nothing to make us safe.


2 comments:

  1. They keep selling the fear and the People gobble it up. Just as many will say its "disgusting" as will "I feel safer now" just like our current, never ending, money sucking, useless war in the middle east. (This comment is in NO WAY directed at Our soldiers, I pray, support, and thank them all!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People who are afraid are easier to control.

    I read a novel once that compared the US to pre-Caesar Rome. The president was heavy handed and threatened American liberty to the point that people were afraid of him. In their fear, they voted against this president in the next election, electing the "Devil they didn't know". The new president was a true dictator who knew how to appease the public while enslaving them. He was far worse than the unseated president the people had feared.

    Reaction is a very poor substitute for considered action.

    ReplyDelete

Bookmark This Site

Eventually, I'd like to move this blog to it's own domain.