Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Dogs are Better than Cats





It's been said that dogs have masters, cats have staff.  Dogs are loyal, obedient, and reliable.  They are easy to train, desire to please, and can help protect your family.  They love to work and play, and can earn their keep.  Cats are the ultimate narcissists.  Yes, they are soft and furry, when they allow you the privileged of stroking, scratching, and massaging them, but they are also aloof, lazy, and labile.

Please don't take this wrong.  We have a cat.  I like our cat.  When she is in a joyful mood, I enjoy playing with her.  Stroking her fur is relaxing.  Watching her chase toys and bugs makes me laugh.  But the cats we've had in my lifetime have never captured my heart like my dogs.  I don't have a dog right now, but I still have fond memories of Misty, Tipper, and, dearest of all, Kirstie.  I miss my Kirstie...

Dogs really are man's best friend.

2 comments:

Bookmark This Site

Eventually, I'd like to move this blog to it's own domain.